All Americans deserve to live lives of dignity and respect and are protected in their right to pursue their own happiness. This commitment is at the core of the founding ideology of our nation. These rights are not limited by who a person loves of how their identify. The Federal government needs to step up it's support for LGBTQA+ Americans and provide complete protections against discrimination by both government and private individuals for both sexual and gender identities.
Enact expansive Federal anti-discrimination protections to defend the rights of LGBTQA+ Americans
- Provide broad protections against hate crimes and discrimination relating to sexual orientation
- Provide broad protections against hate crimes and discrimination relating to gender identification
- Protect the rights of LGBTQA+ patients and their partners in medical facilities
- Protect the rights of LGBTQA+ homeowners and renters against discrimination in housing opportunity
- Provide employment anti-discrimination protections for both sexual orientation and gender identification
Defending Transgender Servicemembers
- Provide statutory protections safeguarding the right of transgender members of the United States Armed Forces to serve in the Military
- Censure President Donald Trump for his policy of denying transgender members of the military to continue to serve openly on grounds that is both an immoral act of bigotry and a risk to our national security.