A Safe, Sensible Second Amendment
- Ban assault-style weapons
- Ban high capacity magazines
- Protect the rights of gun owners to own rifles, shotguns, and handguns for hunting, sport, and home protection.
Keep Guns out of Unsafe Hands
- End the “Boyfriend Loophole” – Prevent all domestic abusers from purchasing a firearm
- Provide grants to enable States to develop and implement Red Flag Laws
- Provide grants to enables States to operate voluntary buyback programs
- Mandate Universal Background Checks
- Mandate gun licensing minimum requirements to include a completed FBI background check, fingerprint placed on fire, and verified completion of a certified weapons safety course.
- Work with states to set up and integrate firearm registries
- Increase Federal funding into gun violence research
- Provide Federal funding to research implementation of “Smart Gun” requirements
- End legal protections for gun companies who are negligent in controlling gun violence
Do you like this page?